Take a look at the video capture from the SpaceX Falcon 9 / Dragon spacecraft launch live stream that happened at 3:25. Its a bit surreal watching the beginning of the commercial spaceflight industry unfold.
I’ve uploaded the video and created a download link below for anyone that wishes to save it to their computer. Leave any comments/issues in the comments section and I’ll get back with you.
Launch video of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket / Dragon spacecraft (HD Video): Download Video File (right click + Save As)
Set in a post-apocalyptic world, young Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they’re all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow “runners” for a shot at escape.
Release Date: September 19th, 2014
Galactic Civilizations III isn’t finished, or even close to it according to the website for the creator of GC3, Stardock, but the official trailer looks pretty damn sweet. Personally, I haven’t played any of the previous titles in the franchise, but after watching the trailer and browsing around Stardock’s website I’m going to change that. Apparently, Galactic Civilizations III is a turn-based 4X strategy game were you play as a powerful leader ruling over a spacefaring civilization. You’ll explore the cosmos while expanding and colonizing planets. Your goal is to spread across the galaxy and dominate other alien species toward total victory (yeah, same goal as all games in this genre that I’ve played).
The story presented in the trailer sounds very appealing to any of us that like space based games. It appears to make humanity look like the aggressor that’s going to extinguish all other life in the galaxy, even though we are getting whooped in the trailer. I suppose that is just a mystery we’ll have to figure out when the game releases.
GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS III TRAILER
Official trailer for the sci-fi movie Mars et Avril with English subtitles in high definition video. Mars et Avril (Mars & Avril) is a Canadian film from the pages of a popular graphic novel. The movie takes place in a futuristic version of Montreal after the very first human landing on Mars. Primarily, the story involves a musician’s obsession with his muse.
Steam’s latest initiative is to bring their downloadable gaming platform to the living room. They’re working on a variety of different pieces to the puzzle that they need to make their goal a reality, including Steam’s Big Picture Mode and the Linux-based Steam OS. Without a controller, the other components would still need a player to use a mouse and keyboard to play games. To sum up, Steam decided to create an innovative new controller that would simulate keyboard and mouse functionality, while offering convenient use in a living room setting.
- Clickable high-resolution track-pads that can replace the functions of both the mouse and the keyboard
- Another clickable high-resolution screen rests in the middle of the controller. This screen allows you to navigate through an on-screen overlay to select your action without taking your eyes off of the screen
- The controller’s design has 16 configurable buttons all intuitively placed by ranking the frequency of use for each button.
- Users can bind keys on the controller and save those configurations. This will allow users to create specific button configurations for each game
- In my opinion, the most exciting feature about the controller is the ability to “hack” it so users can create their own unique device from the controller
- Stylish design (The controller is still in beta so the design will likely change, but it looks pretty sexy as-is)